Welcome to the Alpha Site of DCinemaCompliance.com – we invite you to cruise around and see where we have gotten thus far with this QualityActive© tool. To do that you can sign in with the name and mot de pass of joew. Got that?? joew...for both.
The areas of interest are;
- In "List Interface": Fill in each Auditoium's equipment list by hittin the Add+ button, then following the logical path of dropdown menus. Hundreds of equipment manufactrurers and products are already on the list.
- Eventually there will be a master Manufacturers page that will be used to keep equipment lists current and categories complete...though we are well on our way.
- In the "Checklists" tab – yes, it needs a little smoothing to get the pull down right – there are the beginnings of Daily, Weekly, Moonthly, Quarterly and Yearly tasks that need to be done in the facility or each auditorium.
- For example, you might decide that checking the Grounding Rod and the Screen Gain don't need to be checked but once a year, while checking each room's audio and picture quality needs to be done at least weekly, though on separate days of the week.
Not seen in this portion of the public demo are a few features:
- The entire process is created using Open Source Software packages, most predominantly MySQL, Joomla, Fabrik and Akeeba. The complete package that includes this DCinema specific work will also be free and Open Source...as in free beer.
- The package loads and walks the manager through the process of creating a layered Regional, then Local set of users and passwords...an Access Control List (ACL) in user interface parlance.
- The entire installation package is One-Click...well, it is actually, download the package, create a MySQL database/username/password, then start the install package with a single command.
- The database tool allows for different sections of infomation to be RESTful, so that it can interface with FLMx and other community tools.
- The database tool allows for CSV files to be imported to make already created user and equipment date to be quickly used.
- An API will be generated such that automated and manual test or monitoring equipment can be interfaced to this reporting tool. Fabrik, which we'll call the database GUI tool, incorporates the ability to have great (free and open soucre) graphics, such as these from http://nvd3.org/
More to come soon. We invite comments, offers to help and offers to help fund this Open Source project.
Finally, here are some links to some Screencasts made that show some of the work (unfortunately, Screencast requires Flash):
- Download and Inital Setup:
- Setting up the Regional Manager :
- Setting up the Local Manager :
- Setting up the Technical Manager, Filling In the Facility's Equipment and Using the Checklist:
PS – It should be noted that we don't advocate that there be compliance, a lá, an accord with the non-existant SMPTE or ISO police force. We rather espouse the concepts of ISO 9001, the Quality Management technology that includes these types of inspections and reports and a statement of self-compliance.